MATH – Use these statistics to calculate percent increase or decrease for mathematics. You can also use these trade statistics to see what these numbers can reveal about a historical time period.
Social Studies in Trade Statistics:
- Explain the impact of the move from sail to steam on trade?
- What can you learn about the economy and the Great Depression’s effect on trade from these primary sources?
For Math, calculate percentage increase or decrease:
- First, find the difference between the two numbers.
- Take the difference and divide it by the original number.
- Finally, multiply that number by 100.
Learn more about histograms in statistics from PBS.